“Mom, you just don’t understand.”
Aaahhh, the sweet, sweet sounds of my childhood. (My teenage years were kind of brutal. Just ask my parents. Apparently, I had something called an “attitude.” Pshaw. Whatever 😉 )
Fortunately, I am well on the other side of my teen years and my beloved Mama and I no longer butt heads. (At least not like we used to.) In fact, she is my best friend. It’s amazing what a little personal maturity can do for a gal. (Talking about you, Mama. Just kidding…)
Just in case you didn’t get the memo, yesterday was Mother’s Day. (If you didn’t call, text, or acknowledge your Mom, I will allow a brief blog intermission for you to panic and subsequently rectify the situation.)
Are we good? Ok, great. So yeah, yesterday was Mother’s Day. And for the first time in my adult history (at least I think?), I actually had a chance to celebrate Mother’s Day WITH my Mama. Yes, folks, she is spending a few days in Georgia with me. This is a big deal… because I haven’t seen her since Christmas, and this is her first time in Georgia since we moved here over a year ago.
We’ve had a great time. Scratch that. It’s been incredible. I love that woman. In the days I have spent with her (and the days leading up to her arrival) I couldn’t help but think about why my mom (and moms in general) simply rock. They are just so awesome.
Thus, in honor of Mother’s Day, I have compiled 25 Reasons Why Moms Rock. (Feel free to forward this to your Mom in case you forgot to acknowledge her awesomeness yesterday.) Let’s praise Jesus for the gift of our Mamas! Drumroll please…
25 Reasons Why Moms Rock
- They love you unconditionally.
- Moms always know what to say.
- They know what NOT to say.
- Their hugs are unbeatable.
- They ALWAYS have that one recipe that you need… memorized.
- Moms laugh at your jokes… whether you are funny or not.
- They give great advice.
- When angry, their voice can be projected and heard up to 3.64 miles away.
- They are great nurses when you are sick.
- They are so good at drying tears.
- Moms always have the cool band-aids on hand.
- There is always something good to eat in their fridge.
- You can sit together in silence with your Mom and it’s not awkward.
- Their eyes have the sweetest little laugh-induced wrinkles.
- Moms are the ultimate cheerleaders.
- They are supreme holiday tradition-setters.
- The things they taught you in your youth stick with you… forever.
- They don’t get stuck on “biological requirements” to be a Mom.
- They are Moms to every child under 17 in the neighborhood. (See #18.)
- They are resourceful.
- Their remedy of “eat some chocolate and get a hot bath” will fix almost anything.
- The Mother of the Bride/Grooms are ALWAYS the prettiest people at weddings. (Bride excluded)
- They pray for you. A LOT.
- You can always call them. Anytime.
- They were
HANDHEART-PICKED by God.
Why does YOUR Mom rock? Please feel free to add to this list by leaving a comment HERE.
To all the Mama’s out there (My Mama CJ and Mother-in-Love Lex specifically) THANK YOU for being such great role models and influences on our lives. You are truly a gift from God, and I pray that your legacy lives on for generations.
Thanking The Father for our Mamas,
“Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: “Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.” –Proverbs 31:28-29